We believe that accounting is a customer service business and we work hard to ensure that our clients receive the very best service. Read more about individual team members below.
Paul began his career in public accounting with the audit departments of some of the biggest accounting firms in the business and ultimately founded Wieland & Company, Inc. in 1995. Although he has served as a general practitioner for much of his career and acquired extensive experience in taxation and other areas, he has primarily focused on auditing since entering the profession.
With Wieland Wallace Inc., Paul has focused on building the firm's client business relationships and in assuring all engagements are performed with the highest emphasis on quality of services and client satisfaction. Paul has served as a Team Captain in peer reviews of practices of other CPA firms and has testified in court proceedings as an expert witness on matters pertaining to accounting procedures, internal controls and valuation issues.
A graduate of Purdue University, Paul and his wife Pam live in and raised their family in Batavia. They enjoy outdoor activities together and spending time with their Pomeranian dog, Molly. Previously, in their spare time, Paul and Pam founded and operated Concerts for a Cause Foundation, a 501(c)(3) organization that produced live concerts with 100% of the proceeds benefiting rotating local charities. Paul has also served on the boards of various charities and other nonprofit organizations.
1. Paul has played guitar since the age of eight and has been a member of various bands and musical groups over the years.
2. He and his son got a kick (literally) out of earning black belts together in Tang Soo Do karate.
3. Paul ultimately convinced his daughter Lindsay to enter accounting and join the firm with the promise of the glamour of debits and credits.
Phone: (630) 425-4382
Lindsay Wallace started with Wieland Wallace Inc. in 2012. She has focused on auditing her entire career, presently planning, conducting and supervising dozens of annual audit engagements. Lindsay has extensive experience in a variety of industries including nonprofits, affordable housing, real estate, construction and homeowner associations. She particularly enjoys working with client personnel, researching and solving technical accounting and tax issues, and assisting clients with drafting their financial statements. She has sincerely enjoyed the additional responsibilities serving as the firm's managing partner and overseeing all client engagements, quality control, and assuring clients receive the highest level of care.
Prior to entering the accounting field, Lindsay worked at a living history farm museum for several years, giving tours of the 1920s farm, assisting with grant filings, and creating budgets for several major projects. She also served as the treasurer for a regional museum industry organization. Lindsay’s background in museums gives her a unique perspective in helping nonprofit clients.
Lindsay is a CPA and holds a Master of Science degree in Accountancy from Aurora University, a Master of Arts degree in Historical Administration from Eastern Illinois University, and a bachelor’s degree from Cornell College with a double major in History and Art History. Lindsay grew up in Batavia and likes to spend her free time reading or watching British television with her husband, Rob.
1. The only things Lindsay might love as much or more than her husband is their Pomeranian, Sophie and Irish Wolfhound, Hamish.
2. Lindsay enjoys traveling and, since her husband is a whiskey distiller by trade, they tend to travel to regions where whiskey is plentiful.
3. Lindsay’s father, Paul, lured her into the Wieland family business with the promise of the glamour of debits and credits, and so far she sees he wasn't kidding.
Phone: (630) 425-4384
Before joining Wieland Wallace Inc., Vicky assisted her husband for several years in their family businesses. As a co-owner and manager, she gained insight in different aspects of the real estate industry as well as e-commerce business. Thus, Vicky has a well-rounded and extensive firsthand knowledge to offer her clients. Prior to the family business, Vicky gained extensive public accounting experience. After college, she joined a local public accounting firm and worked with clients from various industries. Particularly, she had widespread exposure to financial and professional service industry. She trained in different areas of public accounting while actively participating in auditing, tax and accounting service engagements for over five years.
Vicky grew up in Guang Dong, China. She is fluent in Mandarin and Cantonese. Vicky believes in life-long learning. She holds a M.B.A in Finance and a Master degree of Science in Taxation from Northern Illinois University, a Master degree of Science in Accountancy from DePaul University and Bachelor of Arts in Accounting from Iowa Wesleyan University.
1. Vicky is a big LEGO fan! She enjoys building LEGOs and DUPLOs with her daughter and son.
2. In her free time, Vicky enjoys reading books written in English or Chinese. In particular, she loves to read books regarding psychology and human behavior.
3. Despite the fact that she saw snow for the first time at the age of 21 and never played any snow sports before then, Vicky loves skiing and snowboarding and picks up the tricks of the sport. She also enjoys ice-skating with her daughter, who is now in a synchronized skating team.
Phone: (630) 425-4387
Before joining Wieland Wallace Inc. in March 2020, Len dedicated his professional career rising through the ranks of the accounting departments of several Chicago real estate development and property management firms. Len gained expertise with constructions draws, financing, property management software and administration, budgeting, analysis and financial statement preparation. Len was employed by both private and not-for-profit firms that owned or managed residential, office, industrial and retail investment properties. The residential property background includes market, affordable housing, and coop and homeowner association property types. Len offers our clients, particularly those in the real estate industry, a diverse range of auditing, accounting and administrative policy knowledge.
Previously, Len was Vice President responsible for managing the accounting department and in-house legal matters. The accounting and legal responsibilities included creating policies and procedures for compliance with GAAP, federal, state and local regulations, and institutional ownership obligations. Len enjoyed developing a reputation as the go-to person for co-workers, clients and other external parties.
Len is a CPA and attorney, previously earning a Juris Doctor degree from UIC John Marshall Law School and a Bachelor of Arts in Economics from Northeastern Illinois University.
1. Len was hired as a junior accountant at a real estate development firm, quickly discovered a passion for real estate and never left the industry until joining Wieland Wallace Inc.
2. Len loves accounting and analysis, and while unsuccessful with getting his sons into the field, he has strongly influenced this career choice for others.
3. Len is a lifelong Chicagoan and spends his free time reading financial and investment information, playing golf and visiting his three sons and five grandchildren.
Phone: (630) 425-4385
Manish is a Certified Public Accountant and a Certified Fraud Examiner. He has over 25 years of experience in auditing and accounting. His responsibilities include planning, performance, supervision and management of various financial statement audits, reviews, and compilations. His primary focus is to provide the highest standard of professional service while ensuring complete client satisfaction.
Manish received a Bachelor of Commerce, with honors, from the Shri Ram College of Commerce, University of Delhi, India and is also a Chartered Accountant from the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. He is a member of AICPA, Illinois CPA Society and Association of Certified Fraud Examiners. Manish is married and has two daughters.
1. Manish is an avid Hollywood and Bollywood movies fan and has accordingly hosted several Hollywood/Bollywood themed parties.
2. Manish likes to read legal fiction; his favorite author is John Grisham.
3. Manish enjoys traveling with family and friends; his favorite vacation destination is Hawaii.
Phone: (630) 425-4383
Michaela graduated from Nebraska Wesleyan University in 2013 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting. Prior to joining Wieland Wallace Inc. she gained a plethora of experience from working in the public, private, and governmental accounting and auditing fields. She also previously served as Treasurer for a local museum for several years. Michaela is a CPA and resides with her husband and son.
1. If there is an ultimate dog lover out there, it would be Michaela. You can often find her spending time with her Wheaten Terrier, Greg.
2. The only job Michaela loves more than being an auditor is being a mom. She loves to swim, go on walks, play with cars, and go to the zoo with her son.
3. Michaela enjoys traveling in her free time. Having already been to 29 states, she's hoping to venture to all in her lifetime. Her ideal vacation is anywhere with a beach.
Amanda graduated from Purdue University in 2006 with a Bachelor of Accountancy. She has also completed several post-baccalaureate classes in accounting, business management, and ethics. After college, Amanda worked for Northern Trust for four years. She was a Fund Accountant in both Fund Administration and Hedge Fund Administration. Responsibilities included fund accounting, management, and banking. She also has experience in tax-preparation and bookkeeping.
As an audit associate, Amanda’s responsibilities include working with clients to collect information for audits, reviews and compilations while also performing the audits and drafting financial statements.
Amanda’s passion for therapeutic yoga motivated her to become a certified yoga instructor. Amanda focused on teaching, managing yoga studios, and developing yoga programs for businesses and individuals during her ten years in the yoga field. She loves being a part of a business that helps clients meet their business and professional goals while serving the community.
1. Amanda likes to sing, dance, and be goofy for her child and sometimes her husband and close friends.
2. Amanda’s natural curiosity and explorative nature led her to live abroad in South America and join an advanced yoga training that traveled all over the world.
3. While definitely not a horror film connoisseur, Amanda loves a good scary movie or thriller.
Phone: (630) 425-4389
Kim is a graduate of Northern Illinois University where she obtained a degree in accountancy. Kim sat and passed the Certified Public Accountancy Exam in November 1989. After that she spent two years in public accounting and moved into the corporate world where she managed accounting departments for a hotel development, management company, and a parts distributor for a major coach manufacturer. During Kim’s time in accounting she gained a passion for efficiencies and the technology side of business through implementing cost saving processes and procedures.
Kim stepped away from the business world to raise her two boys while staying current with her skills by becoming a professional volunteer in school parent-teacher organizations, youth sports organizations and church. When her boys became independent, Kim jumped back into the business world providing accounting services to small local clients and ultimately joined Wieland Wallace Inc. in January 2022 as an Audit Associate.
1. Kim's "happy places" are in the stands as the #1 fan to her baseball and hockey playing sons and her softball playing husband.
2. Kim was born and raised in the southern suburbs of Chicago and has a cat named Comiskey. She is proud to call herself a Southsider!
3. Kim met her husband and Illinois Turner Camp on the Fox River where they were both camp kids. The are active in this German social athletic organization and own a cottage that her in-laws built there almost 60 years ago.
Phone: (630) 425-4390
Brenda graduated from Aurora University in 2023 with a Bachelor of Accountancy. She grew up in beautiful Lake Geneva, Wisconsin and now resides in Illinois with her husband and children. Prior to joining Wieland Wallace Inc., she worked with her husband in their family-owned businesses in the transportation and construction/remodeling industries. She also worked in corporate accounting, assisting in accounts payable and internal audits for several years. Prior to beginning her accounting career, Brenda worked as a certified phlebotomist. Brenda quickly realized that numbers were her passion and she soon followed her dream of becoming an accountant. Brenda lives her life by this mantra, “If you have a dream, don't let anybody take it away. Believe that the impossible is always possible. Go for what your heart desires!"
As an audit associate, Brenda works closely with the Lead Auditors and assists them with all aspects of the audit process.
1. Brenda loves to spend time with her family, especially eating out and trying new foods.
2. Brenda is an animal lover. Her beloved cats have accounting-themed names (including Debit, Credit and Cash). She also has a puppy named Canelita, three goats, and multiple chickens.
3. Brenda enjoys dancing, singing in the car, and learning new things.
Kristen is responsible for file management, tax distribution, yearly rollovers and behind-the-scenes office needs. Although the position was initially intended to be temporary, the allure of data management and organization was too good to pass up, and Kristen has become a permanent member of the team. Having grown up with an English teacher, Kristen’s passion for grammar has also benefitted the team through editing and proofreading documents.
Kristen holds a Bachelor of Science from William Woods University in Fulton, MO. Prior to joining Wieland Wallace Inc., she spent 10 years in the veterinary field and worked for several years as a team leader at a clinic in Washington state. Many of the tasks she performed in the clinic translated well into her position at the firm, and she is grateful that Paul, her uncle, was willing to bring her into the business.
1. Kristen loves to travel and is always looking to increase the number of stamps in her passport. If it is on the map, she wants to visit!
2. Kristen has a very adventurous blind cat named Astrid. It was love at first sight (well, Kristen’s sight) when she saw Astrid as a kitten at an adoption exam in the vet clinic where she worked.
3. You may be able to find Kristen’s name in bookstores in the near future, as she is beginning the publishing process of her first novel, a young-adult fantasy fiction.